AdventCare Yarra Ranges
AdventCare Yarra Ranges was first established in 1976 under the name of Mountain View Retirement Village. It initially consisted of 10 one-bedroom units on a site in Blackwood Avenue. In 1981, the village was extended to include a 41-bed hostel on the corner of Blackwood Avenue and Woods Point Road.
It soon became apparent that the hostel section needed to be extended to accommodate the number of people requiring accommodation. In November 1990, a 10-bed frail-care extension was completed on the western end of the existing hostel building. This section overlooks the Yarra River.
In 1995, the name was changed from Mountain View Retirement Village to Yarra View Retirement Village.
A major refurbishment of the hostel section took place in 1999 to bring it up to its present standard. Yarra View now provides a high level of care to 50 residents plus one room set aside to provide for a respite resident.
- Yarra View Retirement Village
- 5 Woods Point Road, Warburton 3799, Victoria
- 1300 128 628